Santa Barbará de Samaná
Santa Bárbara de Samaná is located in the bay of the Samaná peninsula, north of the Dominican Republic.
It is a strategic enclave for cruises and for visits from other provinces through the port of La Cañita, which makes getting from Bávaro or other points much faster and easier.
In this place, Scubaquatic is located in three strategic points of the Bay; Bahía Principe Gran Cayacoa, on the shore of the Samaná bridge, Bahía Príncipe Luxury Samaná, on the way to Las Galeras and Bahía Príncipe Luxury Cayo Levantado in the key with the same name.
In Santa Bárbara de Samaná, as in each of our Scubaquatic centers, you can find diving for all levels and PADI or SSI diving courses.
From Santa Barbara de Samaná you can choose to do local diving, snorkeling excursions or enjoy sailing on our hobiecats. Everything from the facilities in our aquatic activities center.
Santa Bárbara de Samaná is located at a strategic point within the peninsula between Las Galeras and Las Terrenas.
Thanks to this situation you can enjoy both the activities in our facilities on the beach and diving excursions. You can also go to Las Galeras, a prestigious diving point as well as an enclave where there are beaches classified as the best in the world.
You can also go to Las Terrenas where, at our base in Bahía Príncipe Grand Portillo, you can embark for the excursion to the paradisiacal beach of El Ermitaño or dive in a sunken boats, caverns and more.
The diving points are located within the Bay in front of Cayo Levantado.
One of the very famous diving spots is called El Ferry. It is ideal for discovering diving or practicing in courses, since it is a structure up from 12 meters deep with an incalculable amount of life, also being a magnificent snorkeling spot.
You can hire local diving with us as well as combine with the family or people who do not dive the excursion to Las Galeras, where you can enjoy diving in the coral wall of Cabo Cabrón while non-divers do snorkel at Playa Madame and Playa Frontón. You can also dive on our excursion to Las Terrenas where you can embark on the excursion to El Ermitaño, dive in a sunken ship or in caverns, depending on your certification.
To dive as a certificate it is necessary to be able to show their certification whenever requested (physically or digitally). In addition, if you have not dived for two years or more, it will be necessary to do a Refresh program in the pool, at least the day before the excursion.
If you want to dive at Dolphin Wreck in Las Terrenas but do not have an advanced certification that allows you to dive at that depth, do not hesitate to ask for information to become an Advanced Open Water Diver, you will not regret it.
Also for the excursion in Las Galeras this level is highly recommended since it will allow you to dive in the most interesting places in Cabo Cabrón: Tibisi, an impressive coral wall that goes from 5 meters to 40 meters deep.
All dives are always done under the supervision of an Instructor or Divemaster.
If you want to dive in the best places in the bay of Samaná, Las Galeras or Las Terrenas, and not miss any, we recommend that you get a diving package so you can get a better price for everything.
What can you do in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
Dives spots for certified divers of all levels; reefs, shipwreck, caverns, coral reef walls and lots of fun!
Discover the best sites underwater from the surface with a mask and fins only.
Visit the most amazing places in each region; cenotes, virgin beaches, paradisiacal islands…
Learn how to ride a hobie cat or windsurf, feel the adrenaline ride a banana boat and more
Scuba diving courses all levels
If you never has divered and you have not your certificated yet, don´t wait more!
- Discover Scuba diving: Diving experience without certification; basic theory, one pool session and one open sea dive to 12 meters / 40 feet
- Scuba Diver: That allows you dive, with a professional, to a maximum depth of 12 meters/ 40 foot, if you do not have time to complete the Open Water course it is your course; 3 chapters of theory, 3 sessions of confined water and 2 dives in the open sea included.
- Open Water Diver: This program will get you a full open water international certification that allows you to dive independently, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 meters/ 60 foot., consists of 5 theory chapters, 5 pool sessions 4 dives in the open sea
If you are a diver already and you wish to continue learning these are the next steps:
- Adventure Diver Certification – Next level after Open water Diver course, included 3 adventure dives and 3 knowledge reviews.
- Advanced Open Water – Certification to dive until 30 mts / 100 ft, included 5 adventure dives, including deep and navigation and 5 knowledge reviews
- Emergency First Response. In this course you will learn skills about emergency first responde to give assistance until medical services arrive
- Rescue Diver – Course which you will learn techniques and skills rescue into the water.
To explore the underwater world in a different ways the PADI Specialty Diver courses are a must.
The specialty diver courses teach new knowledge and techniques for you to widen your field of diving to more exciting environments
- Peak performance Buoyancy: Course where you will learn buoyancy control techniques, swimming trim, effective breathing, fins tips and other skills to control your body while diving (2 dives included)
- Wreck Specialty:Course where you will learn how to dive safe in a wreck (4 dives included)
- Deep specialty: Course where you will learn how dive safe deep dive until 40 metres/ 130 feets
- Nitrox Specialty: Course where you will learn how to dive safe with NItrox
The PADI Divemaster course is the first level to be a PADI professional, with this certification you can guide certified divers, it is the previous step for your PADI instructor course.
If the scuba diving is your passion and you wish to have the ocean like office, turn your hobby into your profession:
- Minimum age 18 years
- confident swimmer
- Certifed as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- Logged 40 scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months