The Riviera Maya is located south of Cancun, in the state of Quintana Roo, in the Yucatan peninsula.
It comprises an area on the coast of the Caribbean Sea that goes from the quiet town of Puerto Morelos to the beautiful Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. It has an extension of approximately 120 kilometers.
You can find Scubaquatic in each of the four prestigious hotels that make up the Bahía Príncipe resorts in Riviera Maya.
But if you are not staying in them, don’t worry, we have a free customer pick-up service for the other resorts in the area.
We offer all kinds of water activities for all ages; snorkeling, diving, PADI courses, diving discovery programs for beginners, fishing, parachute, segway excursions, buggy rides, diving and snorkeling in cenotes and Cozumel, visits to archaeological sites, zipline.
The Riviera Maya is located in the extreme east of the country and is part of the second largest coral reef in the world that runs from the north of Cancun to the south of Honduras.
As part of it we have in this area some of the best reefs and diving areas on the planet, including Cozumel, considered the third best diving destination in the world.
Akumal is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Known as one of the best sites for turtle watching and much more of marine fauna around the world, without a doubt a must-see destination.
What can you do in en México
Dives spots for certified divers of all levels; reefs, shipwreck, caverns, coral reef walls and lots of fun!
Discover the best sites underwater from the surface with a mask and fins only.
Visit the most amazing places in each region; cenotes, virgin beaches, paradisiacal islands…
Learn how to ride a hobie cat or windsurf, feel the adrenaline ride a banana boat or jetski
Scuba diving courses all levels
If you never has divered and you have not your certificated yet, don´t wait more!
- Discover scuba diving: Diving experience without certification; basic theory, one pool session and one open sea dive to 12 meters / 40 feet
- Scuba Diver: That allows you dive, with a professional, to a maximum depth of 12 meters/ 40 foot, if you do not have time to complete the Open Water course it is your course; 3 chapters of theory, 3 sessions of confined water and 2 dives in the open sea included.
- Open Water Diver: This program will get you a full open water international certification that allows you to dive independently, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 meters/ 60 foot., consists of 5 theory chapters, 5 pool sessions 4 dives in the open sea
If you are a diver already and you wish to continue learning these are the next steps:
- Adventure Diver Certification – Next level after Open water Diver course, included 3 adventure dives and 3 knowledge reviews.
- Advanced Open Water – Certification to dive until 30 mts / 100 ft, included 5 adventure dives, including deep and navigation and 5 knowledge reviews
- EFR. In this course you will learn skills about emergency first responde to give assistance until medical services arrive
- Rescue Diver – Course which you will learn techniques and skills rescue into the water.
To explore the underwater world in a different ways the PADI Specialty Diver courses are a must.
The specialty diver courses teach new knowledge and techniques for you to widen your field of diving to more exciting environments
- Peak performance Buoyancy: Course where you will learn buoyancy control techniques, swimming trim, effective breathing, fins tips and other skills to control your body while diving (2 dives included)
- Wreck Specialty:Course where you will learn how to dive safe in a wreck (4 dives included)
- Deep specialty: Course where you will learn how dive safe deep dive until 40 metres/ 130 feets
- Nitrox Specialty: Course where you will learn how to dive safe with NItrox
The PADI Divemaster course is the first level to be a PADI professional, with this certification you can guide certified divers, it is the previous step for your PADI instructor course.
If the scuba diving is your passion and you wish to have the ocean like office, turn your hobby into your profession:
- Minimum age 18 years
- confident swimmer
- Certifed as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- Logged 40 scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months