Jamaica is a Caribbean island, between Haiti and Cuba. For its part, Runaway Bay is located on the north coast of the country and it is considered one of the most beautiful places on the island. It is a notable tourist destination located 16 km west of Ocho Ríos, and a little east of Discovery Bay, where Christopher Columbus landed in 1494, in addition to having some of the most spectacular beaches in the Caribbean. Runaway Bay is endowed with captivating natural features like the Pear Tree River and Green Grotto Caves.
You can find Scubaquatic at the two prestigious Bahía Príncipe hotels in Runaway Bay, but if you’re not staying at them, don’t worry, we have free customer pick-up service for the other resorts in the area.
In Runaway Bay, as in each of our Scubaquatic centers, you can find diving for all levels and PADI diving courses
Jamaica is known for its amazing beaches, underwater life, and reggae music. This colorful country has many incredible excursions to experience. Don’t miss the luminous lagoon! Try deep sea fishing like you’ve never experienced it before.
Make Jamaica your own paradise, venture into its nature, in the magic of our rainforests, hike the Blue Mountain and see the world through new eyes.
Meet the friendliness of our people, try our food and watch the sunset over the Caribbean Sea to the sound of the soft rhythm of reggae.
Diving in the Caribbean is always a pleasure; calm waters, infinite blue and its warm temperatures between 25 ° C and 30 ° C depending on the season, make diving into this sea a unique sensation.
At Scubaquatic Jamaica you can get your PADI diving course and dive for the first time with our Discover Scuba Diving experience.
For certified divers we have numerous diving spots for all levels. From seabed so that beginner divers can start in this wonderful world or more colorful and lively coral reefs, highly recommended for photography lovers or diving spots for more experienced divers such as sunken planes in addition to coral walls.
What you can do in Jamaica
Scuba Diving courses PADI and SSI from beginners to professionals, dive spots for all levels.
Discover the best sites underwater from the surface with a mask and fins only.
Visit the most amazing places in each region; cenotes, virgin beaches, paradisiacal islands…
Learn how to ride a hobie cat or windsurf, feel the adrenaline ride a banana boat and more
Scuba diving courses all levels
If you never has divered and you have not your certificated yet, don´t wait more!
- Discover Scuba diving: Diving experience without certification; basic theory, one pool session and one open sea dive to 12 meters / 40 feet
- Scuba Diver: That allows you dive, with a professional, to a maximum depth of 12 meters/ 40 foot, if you do not have time to complete the Open Water course it is your course; 3 chapters of theory, 3 sessions of confined water and 2 dives in the open sea included.
- Open Water Diver: This program will get you a full open water international certification that allows you to dive independently, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 meters/ 60 foot., consists of 5 theory chapters, 5 pool sessions 4 dives in the open sea
If you are a diver already and you wish to continue learning these are the next steps:
- Adventure Diver Certification – Next level after Open water Diver course, included 3 adventure dives and 3 knowledge reviews.
- Advanced Open Water – Certification to dive until 30 mts / 100 ft, included 5 adventure dives, including deep and navigation and 5 knowledge reviews
- Emergency First Response. In this course you will learn skills about emergency first responde to give assistance until medical services arrive
- Rescue Diver – Course which you will learn techniques and skills rescue into the water.
To explore the underwater world in a different ways the PADI Specialty Diver courses are a must.
The specialty diver courses teach new knowledge and techniques for you to widen your field of diving to more exciting environments
- Peak performance Buoyancy: Course where you will learn buoyancy control techniques, swimming trim, effective breathing, fins tips and other skills to control your body while diving (2 dives included)
- Wreck Specialty:Course where you will learn how to dive safe in a wreck (4 dives included)
- Deep specialty: Course where you will learn how dive safe deep dive until 40 metres/ 130 feets
- Nitrox Specialty: Course where you will learn how to dive safe with NItrox
The PADI Divemaster course is the first level to be a PADI professional, with this certification you can guide certified divers, it is the previous step for your PADI instructor course.
If the scuba diving is your passion and you wish to have the ocean like office, turn your hobby into your profession:
- Minimum age 18 years
- confident swimmer
- Certifed as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- Logged 40 scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months