Bávaro - Punta Cana
The capital of tourism in the Dominican Republic is without dubte Bávaro, where most of the hotel chains are located. In this place, together with Punta Cana, is where the airport with the same name is located and they form the most visited area in the country.
In Bávaro we are going to find a multitude of water sports on its white sand beaches, in addition we will find all the events and tourist excursions that you wanted.
You can find Scubaquatic in each of the seven hotels that make up the Bahia Principe resorts in Bavaro. If you are not staying in them, don’t worry, we have a free customer pick-up service from Capcana to Uvero Alto for diving and excursions
In Bávaro, as in each of our Scubaquatic centers, you can find diving for all levels and PADI or SSI diving courses.
From Bávaro you can choose to dive, take snorkeling excursions, fishing in deep sea Charters or in Kayac with our novelty this year Kayac fishing, as well as enjoy sailing. Everything from the beach of our aquatic activities center.
But also from Bávaro you have the option to explore the rest of the country. You can visit the Caribbean side of the island with our diving or snorkeling excursions to Catalina Island, visit Altos de Chavón through the Chavón river by sailing catamaran or even visit Playa Rincón, the Limón waterfall and Cayo Levantado in Samaná.
Diving in Bávaro we can find some very interesting sites; Sunken ships, caverns or canyons habited by turtles. One of the best diving spots is in front of our facilities and from the aquatic we can see the remains of the famous Astron Wreck, a 127 meter long Russian freighter that appears on the surface from 12 meters deep. It is located in sections that allow you to explore it, penetrate some areas and admire its huge propeller.
Also from Bávaro you can organize dives to the Caribbean side of the island. You can combine with the family or people who do not dive the excursion to Catalina Island, where you can enjoy diving in a coral wall and reef or you can dive in our excursion to Bayahibe, where in addition to wonderful coral bottoms you can visit, depending on your certification of diving, two shipwrecks.
One of them is the St. George, recognized in the Caribbean for its majesty of its 80 meters in length that have been sunk since 1999. It allows you to penetrate many areas of the ship that remains whole thanks to its depth, which ranges from 25 up to 44 meters.
To dive as a certificate it is necessary to be able to show their certification whenever requested (physically or digitally). Also, if you have not dived for two years or more, you will need to do a Refresh program in the pool, at least the day before the excursion.
If you are not yet certified, you can choose between the DSD (Discover Scuba Diving) program or a PADI or SSI diving course. In the case of wanting to dive on the Catalina excursion in Bayahibe, you must take the corresponding theory classes and pool sessions the day before the activity.
All dives are always done under the supervision of an Instructor or Divemaster.
If you want to dive the St. George but don’t have an advanced certification that allows you to dive at that depth, feel free to ask for information to become an Advanced Open Water Diver, you won’t be disappointed.
If you want to dive in the best places in Bavaro and the Caribbean, we recommend that you get a diving package so that you can get a better price for everything.
What you can do in Bávaro - Punta Cana
Dives spots for certified divers of all levels; reefs, shipwreck, caverns, coral reef walls and lots of fun!
Discover the best sites underwater from the surface with a mask and fins only.
Visit the most amazing places in each region; cenotes, virgin beaches, paradisiacal islands...
Learn how to ride a hobie cat or windsurf, feel the adrenaline ride a banana boat and more
Scuba diving courses - All levels
If you never has divered and you have not your certificated yet, don´t wait more!
- Discover scuba diving: Diving experience without certification; basic theory, one pool session and one open sea dive to 12 meters / 40 feet
- Scuba Diver: That allows you dive, with a professional, to a maximum depth of 12 meters/ 40 foot, if you do not have time to complete the Open Water course it is your course; 3 chapters of theory, 3 sessions of confined water and 2 dives in the open sea included.
- Open Water Diver: This program will get you a full open water international certification that allows you to dive independently, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 meters/ 60 foot., consists of 5 theory chapters, 5 pool sessions 4 dives in the open sea
If you are a diver already and you wish to continue learning these are the next steps:
- Adventure Diver Certification – Next level after Open water Diver course, included 3 adventure dives and 3 knowledge reviews.
- Advanced Open Water – Certification to dive until 30 mts / 100 ft, included 5 adventure dives, including deep and navigation and 5 knowledge reviews
- EFR. In this course you will learn skills about emergency first responde to give assistance until medical services arrive
- Rescue Diver – Course which you will learn techniques and skills rescue into the water.
To explore the underwater world in a different ways the PADI Specialty Diver courses are a must.
The specialty diver courses teach new knowledge and techniques for you to widen your field of diving to more exciting environments
- Peak performance Buoyancy: Course where you will learn buoyancy control techniques, swimming trim, effective breathing, fins tips and other skills to control your body while diving (2 dives included)
- Wreck Specialty:Course where you will learn how to dive safe in a wreck (4 dives included)
- Deep specialty: Course where you will learn how dive safe deep dive until 40 metres/ 130 feets
- Nitrox Specialty: Course where you will learn how to dive safe with NItrox
The PADI Divemaster course is the first level to be a PADI professional, with this certification you can guide certified divers, it is the previous step for your PADI instructor course.
If the scuba diving is your passion and you wish to have the ocean like office, turn your hobby into your profession:
- Minimum age 18 years
- confident swimmer
- Certifed as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- Logged 40 scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months